MSD Action Foundation Research Call 2021
Opening Date: November 4th 2021
Closing date for Expression of Interest applications: November 19th 2021 @ 5pm (GMT)
MSD Action Foundation (MSDAF) was established in March 2015. Our goal is to promote and support research that will lead to positive clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from Multiple Sulfatase Deficiency. We are members of the Health Research Charities Ireland (The HRCI is based in Ireland and is formerly MRCG). As members of the HRCI, we have the opportunity to joint fund research that can be carried out in Ireland, Internationally or a collaboration of both. This opportunity is known as the ‘HRCI/HRB Joint Funding Scheme’ (The HRB = The Health Research Board which is also based in Ireland).
We invite applications for MSD focused research projects of up to a maximum of three years duration. The maximum funding we can make available to successful applicants is €150,000. MSDAF may look more favourably upon applications of a shorter duration and that come in at a lower cost. Proposals funded under this call can begin in November 2022 subject to contracts being negotiated in a timely fashion from September 2022.
Research Priorities 2021:
Applications are invited that cover any of the following research areas:
- Drug compound screening or repurposing.
- Personalised medicine.
- Gene Therapy
- Although our primary focus is to support translation research as directly as possible we will strongly consider research proposals that may support translational approaches.
- Exceptional research proposals that may seem to be outside the scope of the above may also be considered, please contact in advance of application for discussion.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an ‘Expression of Interest’ form. Following an internal review of all submissions received by the deadline, a shortlist of applicants will then be invited to complete the full application forms. Those full application forms will need to be returned to us by 21st December 2021. The full applications will be subject to international peer review. Please see our ‘Guidance Notes’ for more information.
Successful project applications will be funded jointly by MSDAF and the HRB. Successful applicants will be notified in July 2022 after the HRB’s decision.
- The MSD Action Foundation ‘Expression of Interest’ form can be downloaded here EOI-Application-MSD-2021-2022
- The MSD Action Foundation Expression of Interest -Guide for Applicants document can be downloaded here EOI-Guide-for-Applicants-2021-2022
- Our Research Strategy is available here for reference MSDAF Research Strategy 2021
- Expression of Interest forms must be submitted by 5pm (GMT) on December 17th 2019.
For further information or informal enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Alan Finglas (Research Manager) @ +353868265747 or directly at email@example.com
For reference only, until such time as applicants might be invited to complete the full application form, here are the full application forms.