Research Call 2017-2018
Opening Date: November 22nd 2017
Closing date for Expression of Interest applications: December 8th 2017
MSD Action Foundation (MSDAF) was established in March 2015. Our goal is to promote and support research that will lead to positive clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from Multiple Sulfatase Deficiency. We are members of the Medical Research Charities Group (The MRCG is based in Ireland). As members of the MRCG, we have the opportunity to joint fund research that can be carried out in Ireland or Internationally. This opportunity is known as the ‘MRCG/HRB Joint Funding Scheme’ (The HRB = The Health Research Board which is also based in Ireland).
We invite applications for MSD focused research projects of up to a maximum of three years duration. The maximum funding available to successful applicants is €100,000 per annum. MSDAF will look more favourably upon applications of a shorter duration and that come in at a lower cost. Proposals funded under this call can begin in September 2018.
Research Priorities 2017/2018:
Applications are invited that cover any of the following research areas:
- Gene Therapy.
- Drug compound screening.
- Personalised medicine.
- Exceptional proposals that are outside the scope of the above will also be considered, please contact in advance of application for discussion
Interested applicants are asked to complete an Expression of Interest form. Following an internal review of all submissions received by the deadline, a shortlist of applicants will then be invited to complete the full application form by January 11th. Please see our ‘Guidance Notes’ for more information.
Successful project applications will be funded jointly by MSDAF and the HRB. Successful applicants will be notified in July 2018 after the HRB’s decision.
- The MSD Action Foundation Expression of Interest form can be downloaded here EOI Application MSD 2017 – 2018
- The MSD Action Foundation Expression of Interest -Guide for Applicants document can be downloaded here EOI Guide for Applicants 2017 – 2018
- Our Research Strategy is available here for reference MSD Research Strategy 2017
- Expression of Interest forms must be submitted by 5pm on December 8th 2017.
For further information or informal enquiries, please contact: email@example.com or Alan Finglas @ +353868265747
For reference until applicants are invited to complete the full application form
- The full application form is available here MRCG-HRB Part B1 Application Form
- Instructions to applicants is available here MRCG-HRB Instructions to Applicants 2018 FINAL