MSD Action Foundation Research Call 2019
Opening Date: November 22nd 2019
Closing date for Expression of Interest applications: December 17th 2019 @ 5pm (GMT)
MSD Action Foundation (MSDAF) was established in March 2015. Our goal is to promote and support research that will lead to positive clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from Multiple Sulfatase Deficiency. We are members of the Health Research Charities Ireland (The HRCI is based in Ireland and is formerly MRCG). As members of the HRCI, we have the opportunity to joint fund research that can be carried out in Ireland, Internationally or a collaboration of both. This opportunity is known as the ‘HRCI/HRB Joint Funding Scheme’ (The HRB = The Health Research Board which is also based in Ireland).
We invite applications for MSD focused research projects of up to a maximum of three years duration. The maximum funding available to successful applicants is €100,000 per annum. MSDAF will look more favourably upon applications of a shorter duration and that come in at a lower cost. Proposals funded under this call can begin in November 2020 subject to contracts being negotiated in a timely fashion from September 2020.
Research Priorities 2019:
Applications are invited that cover any of the following research areas:
- Gene Therapy.
- Drug compound screening or repurposing.
- Personalised medicine.
- Although our primary focus is to support translation research as directly as possible we will strongly consider research proposals that may support translational approaches.
- Exceptional research proposals that may seem to be outside the scope of the above may also be considered, please contact in advance of application for discussion.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an ‘Expression of Interest’ form. Following an internal review of all submissions received by the deadline, a shortlist of applicants will then be invited to complete the full application form by 9th January 2020. Please see our ‘Guidance Notes’ for more information.
Successful project applications will be funded jointly by MSDAF and the HRB. Successful applicants will be notified in July 2020 after the HRB’s decision.
- The MSD Action Foundation ‘Expression of Interest’ form can be downloaded here EOI Application MSD 2019- 2020
- The MSD Action Foundation Expression of Interest -Guide for Applicants document can be downloaded here EOI Guide for Applicants 2019 – 2020
- Our Research Strategy is available here for reference MSDAF Research Strategy 2019
- Expression of Interest forms must be submitted by 5pm (GMT) on December 17th 2019.
For further information or informal enquiries, please contact: email@example.com or Alan Finglas (Research Manager) @ +353868265747 or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
For reference only, until such time as applicants might be invited to complete the full application form, here are the full application forms.
- The full application form is available here HRCI-HRB2020 Part B1 Application Form
- Instructions to applicants is available here HRCI-HRB2020 Instructions to Applicants